Many local construction jobs will be supported over the next 18 months, as Norwood Morialta High School undergoes a $52 million upgrade, part of the Marshall Liberal Government’s $1.3 billion education capital works program which will further boost SA’s COVID-19 economic recovery.
The school upgrade will increase the capacity of its Parade Campus to 1700 students in order to co-locate all year levels on one site. The upgrade will also include:
- The construction of a new three-storey middle school building with a roof top play space;
- A new two-storey building for the school’s technical and specialist precinct;
- The refurbishment and extension of the existing gym;
- A new façade entry statement for the schools; and
- New landscaping, car parks and sports courts.
Construction will begin in the coming months, supporting jobs and local industry at a critical time.